The Journal of College Admission is looking for members willing to be interviewed about the following:
Opinion: If you could recreate the college admission process from scratch, what would your top three priorities be? (Please submit 500–750 words to the editor. Four submissions will be chosen and run during 2020, one in each issue.)
- Secondary: How do you convince students/families that there is value in these programs—and get them to apply?
- Postsecondary: Why are these programs are important? How do you handle the logistics, legalities, and costs of these programs?
- All: Do you see these programs making a difference in the lives of underrepresented students? How so?
The IECs’ Place:
- Secondary: How are the roles of school counselor and the IEC similar/different? How do you make room for each other with respect and without redundancy?
- Postsecondary: Does the IEC offer a different functionality than a school counselor from your perspective? How do you see their role as a student advocate?
- All: Stories of how the team—school counselor, IEC, and admission officer—all worked together to get a student to the right college.
Is the Pell Well?
- All: Is the Pell fair? Is it enough? Should it be expanded? How have you seen it impact your students and school, and what do you hope to see in the future?
Additionally, we are looking for members who'd like to participate in the Colleagues' Corner column or author the inspirational Commencement Speech column. If you have presented at the NACAC national conference, Guiding the Way to Inclusion, an affiliate conference, or other college admission counseling professional development event, consider sharing some of your session content with our readers in our Conference Corner column.
If you are interested in speaking with the Journal, email the editor and note which article or column you’d like to discuss. We are seeking a well-rounded representation of our membership and appreciate your perspective—please pass this along to colleagues whose voices should be included.
Expand / Collapse All