A NACAC membership unlocks best in class opportunities and resources for community engagement and professional development. Joining this professional association demonstrates a commitment to advocacy, ethics, and best practices in the field of college admission counseling. A NACAC membership also adds value through a host of member-only savings on conferences, professional development opportunities, publications, recruitment events, and networking opportunities. In addition to our vast array of member benefits, there are some experiences that may be of particular interest to those working outside of the US and those who work with international students:
- Significant savings on the International University Advocate Bage, a self-paced professional certificate program that shares expertise and skills to successfully support students who are interested in applying to colleges outside of their home country.
- Access to NACAC’s cultural fluency knowledge center, which aggregates resources to address cultural fluency at an individual, institutional and structural level.
- Ability to consistently understand what is happening in the world of college admissions counseling for international students through NACAC’s International Counselor Toolkit.
- Countless resources to share with students, including the Guide to College Admission Counseling, Step by Step College Awareness & Planning, and Trusted Sources: Seeking Advice on Applying to Universities in Another Country.
- Free access to NACAC’s Guide to International University Admission, which features country profiles and admission how-tos for 15 top and emerging destination countries.
- Opportunity to engage with Special Interest Groups, micro communities providing an opportunity for knowledge sharing and networking. SIGs include International Baccalaureate SIG, French Baccalaureate SIG, and International Secondary Students in the US SIG, among many others.