If you are willing to speak to our writers on any of the following topics, email the editor. We are seeking a well-rounded representation of our membership and appreciate your perspective. Please pass this along to colleagues whose voices should be included.
UPLIFT Stories of Student Success
You help students every day. When’s the last time you patted yourself on the back? Send us your most recent triumph or inspirational story about working with a student. Uplift others with your story!
PREDICT You Make the Rules
If you were in charge, what one federal, state, or local policy would you put in place to protect students?
Talking to students about college diversity investment
We’d like to talk to SECONDARY COUNSELORS about…
- How you are advising students looking for schools at schools that invest in diversity and inclusion.
- How can you be forthcoming about schools that aren’t doing well in this area?
- How can schools ensure their DEI missions extend beyond school walls into communities, and how can they communicate this to you and prospective students?
How to counsel families through the process
We’d like to talk to SECONDARY and POSTSECONDARY COUNSELORS about…
- Family fear about student journeys to college.
- Are they unsure about fit, cost, value, distance, health, safety, an empty nest, more?
- How can you be sensitive and honest?
- COVID issues