The Fundamental Resource for New Counseling Professionals
Want to ensure you or your newly appointed school and college counselors have the knowledge and skills to develop a dynamic and impactful post-secondary school counseling program? If you or your counseling professionals are feeling overwhelmed due to a lack of resources, awareness, or perspective to support your school community through the college search and application processes, enroll in NACAC’s Professional Certificate: Coordinating a Dynamic Post-Secondary School Counseling Program course!
Featuring an outstanding faculty from a wide variety of public and private institutions, this twelve-week, on demand course provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of the college search and application processes, as well as resources that will set them up for success from the beginning. With this foundational course, you or your college counseling staff will have the tools to excel in your roles.
What does this course offer?
- Comprehensive, online learning. This course provides a comprehensive understanding of college counseling in a convenient, self-paced, online format. Participants will gain a national, regional, and international perspective while learning about best college counseling practices across multiple dimensions.
- Short, on-demand modules. Participants will log into the learning management system to complete the short, topic-based modules on their own schedule and at their own pace. Each participant will have twelve weeks to complete the course.
- Professional certificate and digital learning badge. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a professional certificate from NACAC. In addition, participants will also receive a digital learning badge that can easily be embedded on LinkedIn and other social platforms to signify their achievement.
- Earn 9 CE credits. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be eligible to receive 9 hours of continuing education credits.
The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5242. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. NACAC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
What topics are covered?
- Using Data to Inform School-Wide Goals and Action Plans
- Foster a College-Going Culture
- Educating Students and Families on the Post-Secondary Search Process
- College Application Process
- Including Families in Post-Secondary Planning
- Financial Aid + Award Letters
- Academic Advising
- Building Relationships
- Document Delivery
Who should take this course?
- New school counselors working with students throughout the college search and application processes
- Graduate students planning to pursue a career as a college or school counselor
- College admission professionals looking to transition to a counseling role
What is the time commitment?
Course participants should plan to spend 30-60 minutes each week on coursework.
What is the cost?
The cost per person to register for this course is:
- $125 for NACAC Title I members
- $150 for NACAC members
- $300 for associate/nonmembers
A 25% discount is available for offices of four or more participants. If your office would qualify for this discount, contact customer service for a promo code prior to registration.
Unsure if you are a current NACAC member? You may be eligible for NACAC membership through your school or organization. Contact membership experience for more information.
Interested in sponsoring this program? Please contact the NACAC Sponsorship Team.
|One (1) 30 second advertisement video in course||✔|
|Logo recognition on the Main Stage at NACAC Conference 2023 in Baltimore||✔|
|Logo recognition (with link) on NACAC website and in all marketing materials||✔||✔|
|One (1) social media post tagging the sponsor’s social media account as a ‘thank you’||✔||✔|
|Ad retargeting package||50,000||15,000|