A New, Eight-Week, Online Course from NACAC
Ensure that your newly hired and beginning admission staff have the knowledge and skills to develop thriving, long-term careers in the profession and serve your institution well!
Enroll them in the new course, “Professional Certificate in College Admission for Emerging Leaders” (ELP).
Featuring an outstanding faculty, this eight-week, online course provides participants from postsecondary institutions with a comprehensive understanding of college admission and student recruitment. With this foundational course under their belt, your staff will be onboarded and ready to excel in their admission and recruitment role.
About the course
- Comprehensive, online learning. This course provides a comprehensive understanding of college admission and student recruitment in a convenient, self-paced, online format. As a participant, you’ll gain a national, regional, and international perspective while learning about best admission practices across multiple dimensions.
- Short, on-demand modules. Log into the learning management system to complete the short, topic-based modules on your own schedule and at your own pace. Each participant has eight weeks to complete the course.
- Three virtual meetings. In addition, all participants will gather on Zoom on three separate dates to meet with classmates and faculty members. You’ll discuss key issues and topics, review assignments, and learn within smaller breakout groups. *Participants are required to attend at least two virtual meetings.*
- Build your network. Start building your professional network. Each course section is open to 200 of your counterparts from colleges and universities worldwide. You’ll have the opportunity to get to know the faculty members and keep the connections going through an online community of practice.
- Professional certificate and digital learning badge. Upon successful completion of the course, you’ll receive a professional certificate from NACAC. You’ll also receive a digital learning badge that you can easily embed on LinkedIn and other social platforms to signify your achievement.
Who should participate?
Newly hired admission staff working at an institution of higher education.
What is the time commitment?
You should plan on spending approximately 3-4 hours each week completing the on-demand modules. Each virtual live session is 1.5 hours long and start at 11am ET. Live sessions will be conducted via Zoom. *Participants are encouraged to attend all three live sessions*
Sample topic areas
- Becoming a New Admission Professional
- Basics of Data Analytics
- Understanding College Selectivity
- Decoding the School Profile
- Basics of Student Engagement
- Understanding Unconscious Bias
- Serving Diverse Students
- Event Management and Budgeting
- College Admission Ethics
- Introduction to Higher Education
- How Students Pay for College
- Recruitment on a Budget
Registration is now open for the cohorts listed below. The cost per person is $195 for members and $300 for nonmembers.
A 25 percent discount is available for offices of four or more – contact us for a promo code prior to registration.
Registration is limited. No refunds are available (although participants may be substituted). For purchasing and billing questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All sessions take place from 11: AM ET – 1 PM ET. Attendance is mandatory.
||Course Start Date
||Course End Date
||Virtual Meeting Dates
(11 AM ET)
||March 23, April 5, April 19
||June 21, July 6, July 19
||Aug. 30, Sept. 13, Sept. 27
||Dec. 20, Jan. 3, Jan. 17