Savi Student Loan Repayment Tool
If you’re responsible for a student loan – either for yourself or a family member – you can now tackle your student loan debt with help from NACAC and the Savi Student Loan Repayment Tool.
This is an exclusive new member benefit!
Savi’s platform helps borrowers enroll in government repayment and forgiveness programs that could lower your monthly payments. The average loan savings is $1,880 a year per person and if you are employed by a secondary school, college, or university, you are likely eligible for a federal student loan forgiveness program.
NACAC members who use the Savi tool will receive a FREE savings estimate to understand the best options for lowering your monthly student loan payments and whether you qualify for public service loan forgiveness programs.
Exclusive to NACAC members: Receive 50% off the standard fee for Savi’s Essential Service. This service includes the filing of all of your student loan paperwork, one-on-one support with a student loan expert, and ongoing monitoring of your applications with loan servicers and the US Department of Education.
Our goal is to help as many members as possible achieve short-term relief and long-term freedom from student debt. Learn more below!
About this exclusive member benefit
Student loan debt is a staggering problem across generations. Many adults have student loan debt from their educational pursuits and also from borrowing to finance their children’s education.
NACAC understands that easing the burden of student debt is critical to well-being and that navigating student loans on your own can be overwhelming.
That’s why NACAC has teamed up with Savi to help NACAC members tackle student loan debt.
If you are employed by a secondary school, college, or university, you are likely eligible for forgiveness programs such as the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. Many of these programs go underutilized and are often confusing to understand and obtain without assistance.
To get started using the tool, you’ll first need to go to the For Members page (see instructions above). Once on the Savi website, you’ll create a free Savi account and enter your student loan information.
The Savi tool assesses your student loan debt and presents the results in a clear and meaningful way. You’ll receive an actionable plan for enrolling in government repayment programs that lower your monthly payments. It also searches more than 150 forgiveness and repayment programs to help you unlock student loan forgiveness.
How much you can save
By using the Savi Student Loan Repayment tool, the average student loan borrower:
- Saves $1,880 per year
- Qualifies for $28,000 in loan forgiveness
In addition to the financial savings, you can also benefit in other significant ways. Recent public health studies have shown, for example, that student debt can affect stress levels and sleep and may lead to depression.
NACAC is offering the Savi service to members so you can easily access significant savings opportunities. Our hope is that these options help as many members as possible obtain student debt relief.
Your choice of two benefit options
Find out if you can lower your monthly student loan payments and/or obtain loan forgiveness.
Create a free Savi account and then enter your student loan information. The Savi tool will search more than 150 national and state repayment and forgiveness programs.
Would you prefer Savi do the follow-up work for you?
If so, choose the Savi Essential Service. In addition to the Free Assessment, this service includes the filing of all of your student loan paperwork, one-on-one support with a student loan expert, and ongoing monitoring of your applications with loan servicers and the US Department of Education.
You’ll receive the following:
- Forgiveness Eligibility: The tool will check your eligibility for government loan forgiveness programs.
- Repayment Options: You’ll also learn which national and state repayment options are available to lower your monthly costs. You’ll receive instructions on how to apply for these programs – or, you can choose the Savi Essential option if you want Savi to do the appliction and monitoring work for you.
- Simple Loan Sync: The tool will sync all of your federal and private loans. This is helpful for seeing your student loan debt in one place.
- Application Paperwork: As part of the Savi Essential Service plan, the online tool will digitally pre-fill and submit your applications for loan forgiveness and repayments.
- One-on-One Support: If you have questions about your student loans, you can contact experts from Savi at any time through phone, chat, and email.
- Educational Resources: You will receive timely information about student loan policy changes and any new forgiveness and repayment programs. You’ll also gain access to Savi’s library of educational resources. Office hours are offered regularly to answer questions and monthly all-user webinars are held on the first Wednesday of each month.