NACAC Health and Safety Policy and Protocols for In-Person Fairs
(Effective March 3, 2022)
NACAC is committed to the health and safety of our employees, members, exhibitors, service partners, and the students and families we help support. Due to the continued impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and to help mitigate further spread of the virus, NACAC has implemented the following Health and Safety Policy and Protocols for in-person college fairs:
- NACAC recommends that all in-person attendees wear a mask at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- NACAC requires all attendees to register in advance for the event, including students, teachers, counselors, and family members who plan to attend alongside their student (s). Registration information can be found at www.nacacattend.org/fairs. No on-site registration will be available.
- NACAC recommends that all in-person attendees, including parents and guardians, be fully vaccinated with booster shots, if eligible.
- NACAC advises against attending the event for any attendee who has: tested positive for COVID-19 within 5 days of the event; is in isolation or quarantine; and/or has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public spaces where people are present. By attending our in-person college fairs, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Guidance and information on all topics related to COVID-19 can be found on the CDC’s website.
NACAC is working closely with local advisory committees and facilities for each in-person program to ensure that event formats, layouts, and attendee movement plans minimize congestion, follow sanitization guidelines, and reduce contact for attendees. In addition, we continue to monitor the guidelines of the CDC, state and local governments, as well as public health departments and local school districts.
NACAC will provide timely updates to its Health and Safety Policy and Protocols as needed. With your help, our efforts will help reduce the spread of the virus and create a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
Thank you for your support and grace.