New and improved for 2024, NACAC’s Financial Aid 101 on-demand course provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of the financial aid process.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between the four main types of financial aid available: scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study
- Teach students and families how to research, identify, and apply for scholarships
- Guide students and families through completing the financial aid application process, including completing both the FAFSA application and the CSS Profile
- Support students and families whose special circumstances could impact their ability to receive financial aid
- Calculate and compare various financial aid offers and instruct students and families on how to do the same
With this course under your belt, you will be ready to provide students and families with the support they need as they determine how they will pay for their post-secondary education.