International University Advocate
A New, Self-Paced, Online Certificate Course from NACAC
Ready to up your skills? Registration is now open for the new NACAC online course, "International University Advocate."
This counselor-tested, self-paced course is for secondary and independent counselors seeking to round out their counseling knowledge. You'll gain the expertise and skills to successfully support students who are interested in applying to colleges outside of their home country.
Take advantage of the summer months to focus on your own professional development! This course is the first and only international counseling certificate program of its kind. Upon successful completion, you'll earn a professional certificate, CE credits, and a digital learning badge that signify your achievement.
About the Course
- Counselor-tested, up-to-date learning. Pilot tested by a group of practicing counselors, this course imparts foundational and practical knowledge for busy counselors like you! And, because of the changing nature of international learning, the course content is thoroughly updated each year with the latest information on how to advise students on pursuing a degree abroad.
- Short, on-demand modules. You'll log into the learning management system to complete the short, topic-based modules on your own schedule and at your own pace.
- Thoughtful and practical assessments. No surprises! You'll know upfront what to expect regarding grading rubrics and timing for completing the quizzes, assignments, and paper. Each assessment is designed to help you apply your learning, check your knowledge, and keep you on track.
- Earn 16 CE credits. Upon successful completion of the course, you'll be eligible to receive 16 hours of continuing education credits.
- Professional certificate and digital learning badge. You'll also receive a professional certificate from NACAC and a digital learning badge that you can easily embed on LinkedIn and other social platforms to signify your achievement.
- Grow your network. Your counseling counterparts from across the country and worldwide are enrolled in each course session. You'll have the opportunity to interact, learn, and keep the connections going through the course online discussion board.
- Access to resources. You'll have access to all of the course recordings and resources for one year from your start date.
- Learn how to identify students who may benefit from seeking a degree abroad.
- Review the unique challenges and opportunities of studying abroad.
- Dive deep into the specifics of a few countries of your choice.
- Plan and implement conversations with students to apply your new knowledge.
- Consider ways to enhance your school's culture around pursuing degrees abroad.
Who should take this course
This course is for secondary school counselors and independent education consultants seeking foundational information. Individuals who would benefit from this course include:
- Secondary school and independent counselors based in the US who advise students who are interested in pursuing college degrees from international universities.
- Secondary school and independent counselors based outside of the US who advise international students who are interested in applying to US higher education institutions.
- Secondary school and independent counselors who work at international schools and advise students who are interested in applying to universities located in several different countries.
Registration is open for this course. The next grading period occurs December 15th, 2021. Upon conclusion of the grading period, professional certificates and badges will be awarded to learners who have succesfully completed course materials. Leaners who have not yet completed course materials will be evaluated for completion during the next grading period on May 1st, 2022.
- Per Person: The cost per person is $150 for members and $200 for nonmembers.
- Group Discount: Save 20% per person when registering as a group of four or more! Please contact us for a promo code.
Note: No refunds are available (although participants may be substituted).
"I can not thank NACAC enough. I REALLY feel this course will be a game-changer for myself and my colleagues!"
"There is so much more to know! I was perhaps more confident than I should have been about international college admissions. Now I have an improved toolbox!"
"Prior to this, I hadn't thought of providing international university information to all students -- I was more of the mindset of simply replying if asked about a specific country. I now know to provide this information even if it's unsolicited to all families and students, so as to broaden their scope and awareness of options."
The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5242. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. NACAC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Expand / Collapse All