Call for Proposals
The 2023 call for proposals has ended. Thank you to everyone who submitted.
Thank you for considering submitting a proposal for inclusion in the 2023 GWI conference. Your participation champions the needs of diverse students during the college admission process!
NACAC is accepting proposals that focus on multicultural recruitment, campus inclusion, and other DEI topics pertinent to secondary, postsecondary, and CBO college admission professionals.
* NOTE: If you would like your session to be considered for the 2023 NACAC Conference in Baltimore, you will need to submit a separate proposal application!*
Jump ahead to:
- January 30: Call for Proposals opens
- April 5: Call for Proposals closes
- April 3-16: Applications are reviewed
- Week of April 28: Notifications sent to applicants
Along with information about the session organizer and any speakers who would be presenting the session at GWI 2023, applicants will need to provide the following information about their proposed session:
- Session Title
- Click here to view a list of the sessions presented at GWI 2022
- Session Summary
- Click here for examples of strong session summaries
- Intended Audience
- Secondary, postsecondary, CBO, IEC, international, or other
- Content Level
- Entry, mid, or advanced
- Learning Objectives
- Must provide three clear learning objectives
- Education Content Strands
- Select the three strands that are most relevant to the proposed session
- Click here for an explanation of each strand
- Additional Keywords
- Select any of the provided keywords that apply to the proposed session
- CE Eligibility
- Previous Presentations of the Session
- *If applicable*
What We Encourage
For all GWI proposal applications, we encourage:
- Intersectional session topics
- Ex: Latino/x + LGBTQ+
- Ex: Black/African American + women in admission
- Collaborative strategies on equity in college access
- CBOs and school counselors, public and private, secondary and postsecondary, etc.
- Focus on equity in college access
- In anticipation of the pending Supreme Court decision
- More than one institution being represented
- Representation from both public and private institutions
- Honest perspectives
- All applicants will be asked: “Describe how your lived experience has informed your ability to present on this topic.”
How to Apply
NACAC’s Education & Training Team recently held a webinar explaining the Call for Proposals process and how to complete your application. To view the webinar recording and the slides used, click the buttons below. For a quick, one-page guide on how to complete your application, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to questions you may have as you prepare your proposal:
Have another question that was not answered here? Contact NACAC’s Education and Training Team.