Adult Students -- Helping Them Graduate On-time and On-budget
Date: Jan. 28
Time: 2-3 ET/11-12 PT
Description: The purpose is to help advisors understand how StraighterLine might be an option in helping their students meet their academic goals and earn their degree. We will provide a brief overview of StraighterLine and put faces to the student support team members who enroll and support the students through the entirety of their program. We will also discuss our proven educational outcomes and how we help students gain the courses or credits they need to start, return, and/or successfully finish at their school.
Roger Chandler, Vice President of Student Success, College of Adult and Graduate Studies at Colorado Christian University (CCU), will provide his perspective as to the scenarios for which students may benefit from StraighterLine programs, and how the refer and return model works for students to send their completed course credit back to CCU to finish their degree program.
- Panelists will discuss student success pathways, with data and outcomes, with respect to the College of Adult and Graduate Studies at CCU and StraighterLine partnership.
- Panelists will provide information on persistence, retention, and completion/graduation rates of students who are taking StraighterLine courses through this partnership.
- Panelists will review and discuss student services, the role they play in adult learners’ degree pathway, and how robust, 24/7 support helps working adults achieve their academic goals.
- Amy Smith, CLO, StraighterLine
- Joseph Thibault, VP Student Support & Academic Services, StraighterLine
- Jenn Mercer, Senior Enrollment Manager, Straighterline
- Roger Chandler, VP, Student Success, Colorado Christian University
*This webinar is sponsored by Straighterline and is a part of NACAC's Industry Insights webinar series.
The OneGoal Model |Equity in Post-Secondary Advising Critical to Closing the Degree Divide
Date: Feb. 3
Time: 2-3 ET/11-12 PT
Description: Participants will learn successful strategies to effectively a) implement a standardized culturally relevant post-secondary curriculum that equitably distributes knowledge of the post-secondary space, b) train educators in a school – not just counselors – with the knowledge and skill to effectively advise students into post-secondary success, and c) analyze critical student-level data to inform targeted interventions that impact long-term post-secondary success. The session will highlight OneGoal’s model, sharing best practices learned from partner schools/districts. Participants will have an opportunity to engage in a Q/A to ensure that information shared is directly connected to the opportunities and challenges we see as we seek to close the degree divide in America.
- Understand the school/district level barriers to providing equitable access to post-secondary advising and connect these barriers to participant experiences
- Identify strategies for addressing these barriers via a school-wide program that builds the capacity of adults in the system to effectively advise students.
- Patty Diaz-Andrade, Chief Impact Officer, OneGoal
- Kirat Doshi, Managing Director of Program Design and Data Strategy, OneGoal
- Alexander Hahn, Managing Director of Growth, OneGoal
*This webinar is sponsored by OneGoal and is a part of NACAC's Industry Insights webinar series.
Expand / Collapse All