The purpose of Essentials of Professional Development is to provide training and professional development experiences for secondary school counselors, pre-service counselors, other school-based professionals and external partners providing support for college admission counseling in public school systems.
The program objectives of Essentials of Professional Development are the following:
- Collaborate with counseling leaders within public school systems to create conditions for the success of counselors, ultimately students and their families.
- Deliver rigorous, relevant and timely professional development content to counseling professionals, advisors and volunteers.
- Foster capacity-building and innovation in the area of college counseling, readiness, access and success.
- Increase and strengthen professional networks among the public school systems and NACAC, NACAC-affiliates and postsecondary education institutions.
- Identify and support opportunities for continued and future professional development experiences, through the cultivation of sustainable pathways and relationships.
2017 Essentials Program Locations & Dates:
- Syracuse, NY– January 30
- Alexandria, VA – March 10
- Montgomery County, MD – November 10
- Washington, DC
- Baltimore, MD
- New York City, NY
- Louisville, KY
- Cincinnati, OH
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this program. Vist our sponsorship page for more information.
Expand / Collapse All