An institutional membership includes one complimentary membership and additional individuals can be added for an additional $80 each.
✓Primary/Secondary School $205
Primary/ Secondary Institutions must appear in one of the following resources to qualify for membership:
- The Department of Education’s (DOE) Common Core of Data, the department's primary database on public elementary and secondary education in the United States.
- The DOE’s National Center for Education Statistics Private School Universe Survey
- ACT or CEEB Code Lists
- Individual, state-by-state lists that would be consulted if the school is not on the other lists
✓Postsecondary Institutions $350
Two and four year universities and colleges must satisfy the following requirements to qualify for membership:
- Be not-for-profit
- Be degree-granting
- Accredited by an educational accrediting agency listed in the latest edition of the “Higher Education Directory.”
✓School District $285
Not-for-profit primary and secondary school districts must satisfy the requirements of a secondary institution membership. Additionally, school districts should designate one school to receive complimentary membership. Additional schools may join at a reduced rate of $115 annually.
✓University System $540
Not-for-profit college and university systems must satisfy the following requirements to qualify for membership:
- The university system as well as each member college/university separately listed in the latest edition of the Higher Education Directory is required to hold separate membership.
- Designate one institution to receive a complimentary membership. Additional institutions may join at a reduced rate of $185 annually.
UPDATE: 2018 Membership Dues Rates
What to know before you apply:
- Designate a principal representative/primary contact whose professional responsibilities include providing services and/or products to the counseling, admission or financial aid profession or in support of students in the transition to postsecondary education. All institutional memberships include a free membership for their primary contact, no additional application is needed.
- School District and University System membership applications must be approved before additional schools can be added.
- All memberships are subject to approval. Once your membership application has been approved you will receive an invoice which can be paid on-line.
- Member benefits will begin once your application is approved and your dues have been paid.
- NACAC's membership cycle is Jan. 1 through Dec. 31. New membership that starts Jan. 1 through Sept. 30 will expire Dec. 31 of the same year. Individuals who join prior to Oct. 1 will receive an invoice for the following year during our annual renewal billing process in October. Additionally, new membership beginning after Oct. 1 will expire Dec. 31 of the following year.
Expand / Collapse All