Take your career to the next level by joining NACAC as an Independent Educational Consultant (IEC) JOIN TODAY
Independent Educational Consultant $250
Who’s eligible for membership under this category?
IECs or counselors who are self-employed or employed by a company providing counseling, admission, or financial aid services to students and/or their parents.
Individuals must fit into one of four categories. Those categories are:
- Professionals with NACAC voting membership in the current or the immediately preceding membership year prior to application as an IEC.
- Professionals with membership in the Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA) or professional membership in the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA). Individuals who fall into this category must provide NACAC with proof of current membership in HECA or IECA.
- Professionals with two years of experience as an educational consultant/counselor OR a bachelor’s degree and two years of college admission counseling experience in a secondary school, postsecondary setting, or a not-for-profit organization eligible for NACAC membership. Applicants who fall into this category must also submit a written recommendation from a current NACAC high school, college/university, or IEC member who has known the applicant for at least two years in a professional capacity.
- Professionals with documented completion of a practicum-based counseling program from a member-eligible institution. Applicants who fall into this category must also submit a written recommendation from a current NACAC high school, college/university, or IEC member who has known the applicant for at least two years in a professional capacity.
To be considered for membership, independent counselors must:
- Provide copies of professional literature or website links outlining their relevant college counseling services.
- Submit a description of college counseling services provided.
Expand / Collapse All