The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) is excited to announce a comprehensive revision to the Fundamentals of College Admission Counseling: A Textbook for Graduate Students and Practicing Counselors, led by co-editors Christopher W. Tremblay, Ed.D. and Beth H. Gilfillan, Ph.D.
After extensive outreach to faculty, students, and practitioners, NACAC has decided to streamline and refocus the book to improve value for graduate programs and practitioners alike. As a result, all of the existing content will be realigned into fewer, more focused, and shorter chapters. Each chapter will also be a mix of the empirical/theoretical foundations and real-world application. You can find the proposed list of chapters here.
Author Selection Process
Author Selection Process: Are you interested in participating as an author? For a list of proposed chapters, click here. Here are a few additional details about the selection process.
- May 30, 2023: Call for proposals deadline – Click here to express interest
- June 19, 2023: Selected authors are notified
- July 21, 2023: Chapter outline and preliminary reference list due
- September 30, 2023: Final chapter due
- Total word count (excludes references)
- Core Chapters 5,000-7,500
- Specific population mini-chapters 1,500-2,400
- Content must include both empirical/theoretical foundations and real-world application
- Course materials for instructors will accompany each chapter including a chapter summary, learning objectives, 250 word case study, discussion questions and knowledge check questions (excluded from word count).
- Strict adherence to APA 7.0 style and copyright requirements
A small honorarium will be offered to authors for on-time submissions.
- Core Chapters – Lead or single authors will receive $700. Co-authors will receive $300 per author with a maximum of three total authors per chapter.
- Specific population mini-chapter authors will receive $400. Single authors preferred.
Other ways to support the project
- Forward this email to colleagues you think would be a good fit for this project.
We are looking forward to your continued participation in this project. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to NACAC’s Education and Training team.