Tuesday, Feb 16 | 10:30 am ET / 7:30 am PT on Zoom and PlaybackNACAC.com
Art and Science of Meditation
Meditation can positively transform the way you work and live, find out how. We invite you to join Dr. Preeti and Ganesh Kohli on a relaxing and rejuvenating journey, where we will learn about the ancient practice of meditation. Give yourself a break from the constant stream of thoughts and experience the blissful feeling of a quiet and empty mind. We will explore the “what”, "how" and “why” of meditation, followed by an immersive experience of allowing ourselves to just be.
- Dr. Preeti Kohli, Founder, The Aha Movement and Consulting Homeopathic Physician and Transformational Coach
- Ganesh Kohli, Founder, IC3 Movement
New Year, New Policies: Gauging the Effects of FAFSA Simplification in Admission and Counseling
A massive year-end spending bill enacted by Congress included major changes affecting the higher education policies and financial aid. Join our panelists as they dive into the simplification of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), Pell Grant eligibility expansion, and COVID relief to institutions. They will also discuss how these changes impact admission offices and school counselors. Q&A will follow.
- Megan Coval, NASFAA (DC)
Appealing the Financial Aid Package in the Midst of a Crisis
Students always have had the ability to appeal their financial aid. With millions of Americans unemployed thanks to COVID, understanding financial aid appeals is crucial. Our panel of experts will discuss the best way to request changes to the college financial aid package, especially when a family's federal taxes from two years ago don't reflect their current economic status. Q&A will follow.
- Abigail Seldin, CEO, Seldin/Haring-Smith Foundation
- Jacquelyn Copeland, Interim Associate Provost and Director, Office of Scholarships and Student Aid, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Encouraging FAFSA Completion in the COVID-19 Era
The FAFSA completion rate is down 12 percent from last year, and counselors are doing everything they can to encourage students and families to take advantage of free federal student aid. Our panel of experts will discuss resources and options you can share with students to encourage them to complete their FAFSA in a virtual setting.
- Cassie Magesis, Director of Postsecondary Access, Urban Assembly (NY)
- Zenia Henderson, Director of Member & Partner Engagement, NCAN (DC)
NACAC will facilitate the discussion, questions will include:
- How do you encourage students and families to submit their FAFSA?
- What tools have helped you?
- Do you connect with experts in the field?
Register for the conference today:
$50 Member | $100 Nonmember | $25 School-based Counselors — Email for discount code.
Bundle and save! 6 Month Package—Jan. On Demand & Feb. – Jun. Live
$199 Member | $399 Nonmember
Expand / Collapse All