The 2019 Annual Membership Meeting, held Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019, drew some of the largest participation numbers in association history, with more than 1,400 members taking part in the meeting through in-person and proxy voting.
The agenda included the following items:
- Approval of the following bylaws amendments:
Article III. Membership
Article V. Discipline
Article IX. The Assembly
Article X. The Board of Directors
Article XVIII. Amendments
- Approval of a motion presented from the floor that recommended the NACAC Board of Directors work with the NACAC staff to explore and implement an alternative voting method for use at future Assembly and Annual Membership Meetings beginning at the 2020 NACAC Conference.
- Report from CEO Joyce Smith
- A report of the 2019 Assembly from President-elect Jayne Fonash.
- Recognition of award winners: Government Relations Award, Inclusion, Access, and Success Award, Margaret Addis Award, and Rising Star Awards
- Recognition of the 2019 Local Advisory Committee for their work on the National Conference in Louisville, Kentucky
- Remarks from new President Jayne Fonash
- Recognition of the service of outgoing board members: David Burge, Bob Bardwell, Ramon Blakley, Janet Marling, Chris Reeves, and Mark Steinlage, Jr.
- Open discussion
Expand / Collapse All