Professional development grants awarded through NACAC’s Imagine Grant program provide financial support for individuals who might otherwise be unable to attend NACAC and affiliate professional development programs.
- Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Dec. 2 using the online application system at www.nacacnet.org/imaginegrant.
- Applicants must be a member of their NACAC affiliate association and assist students in the transition to college.
- Applicants seeking to attend a professional development activity for the first time are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants who request funds to attend NACAC’s national conference should have previously attended an affiliate annual conference.
- Applicants seeking funding must apply directly on their own behalf.
Please note: Multiple applicants from an institution or organization are welcome to seek funding for the same professional development opportunity. However, no more than one person per institution or organization will ultimately receive funding to attend.
Grants can help cover:
- Dues for either NACAC or affiliate membership.
- Registration fees, travel, and lodging (double occupancy). (Meals or other expenses may not be included.)
Awards may not meet the full amount requested.
Grant applications must include:
- A detailed description of the need the grant will satisfy.
- An action plan outlining how the grant will be used.
- A complete budget. (Applicants seeking to attend NACAC’s Guiding the Way to Inclusion conference or national conference may estimate costs if program details have not been published by the Dec. 1 deadline.)
Please note that there is a three-step process to submit your application. In order for NACAC to receive your completed form, you must select "MARK AS COMPLETE", “REVIEW and SUBMIT” and then “SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION.” If you do not follow these submission steps the application will not be made visible for review.
Affiliate presidents verify each applicant’s affiliate membership and provide a priority ranking for all applications from their affiliate.
Priority is given to applicants who:
- Submit a complete, detailed, and thoughtful application.
- Provide a detailed plan for the use of the funds.
- Have not received NACAC funding in the past.
- Assist underserved constituencies.
In addition, applicants are encouraged (but not required) to seek additional funding from their institution, affiliate organization, and/or other sources. Applicants who successfully secure outside funding will be given priority in the grant selection process.
After the conclusion of the professional development opportunity (but no later than Nov. 1), the grantee must submit:
- A NACAC reimbursement form
- Imagine Grant Summary Report
Send all program inquiries to ImagineGrants@nacacnet.org.
Expand / Collapse All