Please respond to the following questions. Your responses are for your personal use and for you to share with your college counselor and parents as you build your college list.
- Do you have a specific location in mind for college (i.e., a specific city, state or region)?
- Do you have any requirements in terms of location (i.e., warm/cold climate, near family, near the ski slopes)?
- How far from/close to home is the ideal college (i.e., minutes away, an hour away, a day’s drive, a plane flight)?
- Do you prefer a city, a suburb or a small town?
- Do you want your college to be near other colleges (in a college town)?
- Do your parents have a certain location in mind?
- Are you willing to consider locations that you have not yet visited or do you prefer a location with which you are comfortable?
- What are your academic interests?
- Do you have a specific career in mind? What college major do you think would best suit this profession?
- What other academic areas do you hope to pursue in college?
- Do you work better when you are challenged by tough classes and motivated classmates, or when you are near the top of a less competitive group?
- How hard do you work in high school?
- How hard do you expect to work in college?
Back to: Guidance for Sophomores