NACAC’s has combined the Guiding the Way to Higher Education: Step-by-Step to College Workshops for Students curricula with resources from the Families, Counselors and Communities Together (FCCT) manual to create the Step by Step: College Awareness and Planning for Families, Counselors and Communities.
Revised in 2015, the curricula—presented in three sections, for middle school students (grades 7-8), early high school students (grades 9 through first semester 11) and late high school students (grades 11-12) offer training for counselors and others who work with underrepresented and underserved students, provide comprehensive tools for meeting the needs of first-generation students and their families.
Developed by NACAC members Mary Lee Hoganson, Phyllis Gill and Joan Mudge, the Step by Step curricula were presented at the NACAC national conference in 2008. NACAC Human Relations Committee members Nancy Caine, Patty Montague and Bridget Herrera conducted training on the FCCT manual during the session, and the program has had continued success.
Step by Step: College Awareness and Planning: Download or order copies.
NEW! Spanish Powerpoint Presentation Now Available:
- ESENCIAL 1: Cómo construir la base del éxito académico
- ESENCIAL 2: Cómo preparar el escenario para que los sueños se hagan realidad
- ESENCIAL 3: Planificación de la escuela secundaria como experiencia desafiante
- ESENCIAL 4: Siga el camino hacia la educación superior
- ESENCIAL 5: Cómo pagar la educación superior