Before the Fair...
Answer the following questions to help determine what kind of school would be best for you:
- Do you want to attend a two- or four-year institution? Co-ed or single sex?
- What size school do you want to attend?
- What programs of study are you considering?
- How far from home do you want to go?
- Do you wish to participate in any specific extra-curricular activities or athletics?
- Do you want to attend a school in an urban, suburban or rural environment?
- Do you require any special services (i.e. tutoring, note takers, readers, TDD or interpreters)?
- Discuss your college plans with your school counselor, family, teachers and friends.
- Research your colleges of interest on the Internet and in your guidance office/library.
- Check dates and registration deadlines for college entrance examinations.
- Register before heading to the fair! Watch the video about student registration.
- Watch this video for more information about what happens at a NACAC College Fair!
- Download and print the checklist to take with you to the Fair.
At the Fair...
- Pick up a bag and a fair directory.
- Visit with colleges and universities which you feel meet your criteria.
- Talk with a college counselor at the Counseling Center if you have any questions or need help with your college search.
- Attend a workshop.