FUNCTION: Provide leadership to plan, organize and manage all of the activities related to the Records and Registration Department, including serving as the official authorized keeper of the university's student records.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate the Records and Registration staff
- Organize and administer the records, registration and graduation functions, including transcript evaluations, Health Professions admissions and the IAI certification process in order to provide maximum service to students while ensuring efficient and effective workflow.
- Participate and serve as part of the Student Services Team. Lead initiatives as determined by the Dean.
- Supervise the coordination, evaluation and certification of all graduation applications, while overseeing the complete graduation process to include all elements of the rehearsal and ceremony.
- Responsible for collecting, recording, maintaining and reporting of student records within FERPA guidelines, e.g., grades, registration data, transcripts, mid-term verification, athletic eligibility and ICCB audits and other associated audits
- Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology application in support of enhanced services offered through Registration and Records
- Develop and administer the departmental budget
- Problem solve the research, analysis and resolution of student disputes as they relate to records and registration
- Collaborate with administrators, deans, faculty, IT and counselors to facilitate and improve services to students, including catalog and registration/records policy questions.
- Administer the collective bargaining agreement for the support staff contract.
- Serve as ex-officio member of Curriculum Committee
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Dean.
- Participate in professional development activities and serve on college committees that support the goals and objectives of the division of the college
- Provide back-up for records and registration services, including registering students, issuing transcripts, answering phones, scanning, reporting grades and working special events
- Masters degree in student services, educational administration or a related area.
- Proven record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment
- 3 years of direct experience or 5 years in a related area. Preferred 5 years of direct experience in a community college
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology to deliver Records and Registration services.
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change
- Ability to collaborate effectively with college departments and cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills