- Responsible for middle school scheduling
- Provides direct support service to individual students, small groups, and classrooms.
- Completes assessments, referrals, and counseling with students and families.
- Oversees implementation of XX Schools program. Consults with other professional staff and outside agencies and other organizations.
- Completes home visits and assessments.
- Develops and maintains family outreach programs and community partnerships.
- Serves as a member of the family support team and other school based teams.
- Completes written reports as needed or as requested by Principal.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide direct service to students in the classroom at least once per week.
- Completes reports as required by Federal, State and local agencies.
- Conduct professional development workshop on identifying at-risk students.
- Interview students and families.
- Make oral presentations of assessments, diagnostics, home visits, and observations.
Education: Masters degree (preferred) in field of social services, including certification in middle school counseling
Experience: Experience providing the service required by this position.
Distinguishing Features of Work: Provides support services to students, staff, and parents. Support services include referrals, counseling, assessment, diagnostics, and report writing. This work takes place at the school site, in other public buildings, and in private residences. Additional responsibilities include student rostering/scheduling, maintaining individual student Education Plans, etc. This is a twelve (12) month position.